Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm on a Boat (Ft. T Pain)

This is in my "Best of YouTube" series. You can find the intro here.



This video/song was disguesting.  It satirizes all that I find repulsive about the Rap/HipHop world (which I appreciate), but having "I'M ON A M****F***ING BOAT" screamed at me over and over for three minutes straight pushes the limits of my patience.  As the famous saying goes: "Profanity is the feeble attempt of a weak mind to express itself forcefully."  While the occasional use of expletives to add emphasis is debatably justified, in this context they do nothing but offend the listeners.
Obviously, this was the whole point of the video, but those who find humor in offending the conscientious generally do not end up "on top."

a MUCH better parody of modern hip-hop/rap is Weird Al Yankovic's polkas.  Like this one.  They are tasteful and point out the ridiculous attitude without falling prey to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment